Many of our patients have been learning how to maintain their hearing aids during the pandemic, which everyone at House of Hearing feels is very inspiring.
To help others, they’ve prepared a short clip on how to change an Oticon wax guard, a straightforward process.
These are the steps you need to take:
- First, make sure you’ve removed the dome from the end of your hearing aid.
- Then, take your wax guard kit and remove a piece from its side.
- You use the black side to remove old wax guards, while the white side is the replacement.
- Place the black side onto the old wax guard and pull up to remove it.
- Then, take the white side and push it into the same hole to insert the new one.
If you have any concerns or worries about maintenance, contact the team. They’re ready to help you now!