During the pandemic, more of our patients have been asking how to care for their hearing aids at home.
One of the most important elements you need to regularly check is the wax guard. So we’ve put together a short clip on how to change this on a Phonak device.
These are the simple steps you need to take:
- Begin by making sure the dome is removed from your hearing aid.
- Insert the tip of the receiver into “slot one” to remove the old wax guard.
- You’ll hear a small click and see the old wax guard there if successful.
- Next, place the receiver end into “slot two”.
- Your new wax guard should now be attached to your device.
If you have any concerns or worries about maintenance, contact the team. They’re ready to help you now!