Hey, how are you?
Listen, there’s no point denying that we’ve all been through the mill this year – that’s a given.
But you might agree that such a year shouldn’t pass without at least one good thing to come from it, right?
So, how about starting the celebrations early with a special giveaway!
Though it’s true the holidays are typically a time for gathering with family and close friends, when someone cannot hear, they miss so much.
That said, as our biggest honor is to give the gift of hearing back to those who need it most (and because we simply adore hearing about people’s stories), we’ve decided to give away one pair of hearing aids as part of our November “Hear for the Holidays” competition!
This very special giveaway means that one deserving person in our community will receive the help they deserve in time for the holidays and beyond, which, I’m sure you’d agree, would be the perfect end to a tough year.
So, How Can You Enter?
“Hear for the Holidays” works through a nomination process, where you put someone’s name forward who you feel could benefit from new technology.
So, if anyone comes to mind, perhaps a friend, loved one, or co-worker who has mentioned a hearing challenge, now is a great time to give them a chance of winning!
You do this by filling out a short form on our website – giving a few details about your nominee and explaining why they should win this life-changing opportunity.
We’ll close the competition at the end of November, and not long after, our committee will pick a deserving winner based on the strength of their nomination.
They’ll then be invited to a comprehensive hearing assessment, where they will be fit with their new devices, so they’re ready for the holidays. Good luck!
Updates of Interest from Our Office
Just to remind you, our Thanksgiving opening hours are as follows: We’re closed on Thursday 26, Friday 27, and we will reopen again on Monday 30.
Also, did you know that now is the best time to let us check your insurance for you? We have an insurance specialist in house who you can talk to and verify whether your insurance covers you for any treatments, including hearing aids!
The call is completely free and definitely worthwhile if you’re even a tiny bit unsure about what you’re covered for.
Just contact your local office and let us take care of the rest.
Six Helpful Ways to Support Hearing Aid Users When Wearing Face Masks
Although face masks are helping to stop the spread of the virus, they’re certainly causing a few problems for the hard of hearing.
Help is at hand, however, as Consumer Reports recently published a fantastic article, where they offer advice for those looking to improve their ability to talk with others.
They suggest that hearing aid wearers:
1. Ask people to speak slowly and clearly – this is far more effective than when someone raises their voice and fails to enunciate their sentences.
2. Stand face to face when talking – as long as you remain six feet apart, experts suggest eye contact can make a big difference during conversations.
3. Find the right mask – clear face masks are useful for lip reading, but research has also shown that cloth and surgical masks can make sounds easier to interpret.
4. Adjust your devices – hearing aids can be altered to help with these interactions; feel free to give us a call at the office if you want assistance with this!
5. Try out a transcription app – these days, there are smartphone apps, such as Dragon or Google Live, that will reproduce speech for you to read back.
6. Make meetings virtual – many hearing aids let you stream sounds via your smartphone, tablet, or computer, so this is a great way to stay in touch with others.
Don’t get caught out by thinking it’ll go away by itself; here are the reasons why you’re in good hands with a professional audiologist…
Don’t forget, you can always call us or come and see us in person for any specific help you need.