With over 34 years of experience across 11 Northern Utah locations, you can rest assured you are in great hands when you come to visit us at The House of Hearing.
To guarantee the highest level of service, we strive to provide our patients with the most advanced hearing technology to provide premium hearing solutions.
NeuroTechnologyTM: The Most Advanced Hearing Loss Treatment Technology, Ever
We Hear with Our Brains, Not Just Our Ears!
NeuroTechnologyTM is designed to treat hearing loss by using complex stimulation patterns to help replace diminished auditory input to the brain.
Traditional hearing aids just make things louder, but with today’s new NeuroTechnologyTM treatment options, you can hear more clearly and more naturally in all listening environments … even in noisy restaurants!
How Does NeuroTechnologyTM Work?
There are different types of NeuroTechnologyTM – each custom-designed and programmed to meet your hearing loss and your hearing needs. Ultimately, each is built to perform the same function: to help you hear more clearly, and more naturally, in all listening environments.
NeuroTechnologyTM includes the following features:
- Enhanced Clarity – to help fill in the missing speech details
- Noise Cancellation – to help filter speech in noisy environments
- Soft Speech Booster – to help you hear the “soft speakers” in your life!
- Surround Sound – hear the conversation 360 degrees around you
- Bluetooth connectivity to your smart devices
Because we hear with our … BRAINS, not with our ears, today’s NeuroTechnologyTM is the only proven hearing loss treatment option that focuses on enhancing brain function by providing enhanced clarity surround sound with background noise-canceling capabilities.
NeuroTechnologyTM can be used to address the full spectrum of hearing difficulties, from people with audiometric “normal hearing” that have difficulty processing in noisy situations, all the way to individuals with a severe to profound hearing loss.
NeuroTechnologyTM Options for Treating Hearing Loss:
Invisible Treatment Options: Once placed into your ear, it’s hassle-free so that you may even forget you’re wearing the device! And that’s the point. Hearing loss shouldn’t hold you back, and neither should your hearing solution.
Features in today’s invisible technology options include:
- An invisible and custom fit
- Hearing aids fit deep inside your ear canal and are personally customized to you for all-day comfort
- Easily adapt to new sounds with automatic volume control and adaptation to listening environment
- Wireless streaming to your smartphone and/or to keep you connected to your TV, music, and other media
- Sound comfort technology designed to provide distortion-free listening comfort for loud sounds while ensuring the ultimate ability to hear the speech details of conversation.
Mini “Receiver In The Ear” Options: Ground-breaking NeuroTechnologyTM is fast and precise enough to analyze and follow the dynamics of the entire auditory environment and differentiate between speech and background noise.
Advances in miniaturization of technology have led to the breakthrough of new NeuroTechnologyTM proven to support brain function, including working memory, selective attention, and processing speed (The Hearing Review: Dr. Desjardin, University of Texas, El Paso).
These new devices have 3 features designed specifically to maintain the brain’s innate ability to hear in all different listening situations:
- Clear Hearing in Background Noise: By separating important speech from background noise by as much as 10dB, this new technology provides 30% better speech understanding and clarity in noise.
- Enhanced Clarity = Enhanced Memory Recall: Individuals with a hearing loss are known to have reduced memory recall because the brain is deprived of a clear signal. With 20% more capacity to remember, this technology is the only available option proven to increase memory recall.
- Reduced Effort: Many of my patients explain that hearing requires effort as they age and that it can make them tired after a day at work or with their grandchildren. The current available technology is proven to provide a 20% reduction in listening effort in noisy environments.
In addition, some options include Bluetooth and Internet compatible options that enable:
- Hands-free wireless (surround sound) hearing on the phone
- Low-battery reminders – devices can remind you by ear, phone, text, or email that your batteries (or your spouse’s batteries) are low
- Wireless Compatibility with any TV to enhance the clarity of the signal
- Allows for control of your Internet-connected devices at home, including the thermostat, lights, and even certain cooking appliances (i.e. yes, your hearing devices can automatically turn on your coffee maker each morning!)