Throughout the pandemic, lots of our patients have been learning how to maintain their hearing aids.
One of the best ways to keep on top of this is by replacing your wax guards regularly.
These are the steps to take if you have a ReSound device:
- First, make sure that the rubber dome is removed from your hearing aid.
- Beneath it, you’ll be able to see a small white ring, which is the wax guard.
- In your wax guard replacement packet, remove one of the sticks.
- They’ll each have a black and a white end.
- Gently push the black end into the old wax guard, and then pull it out.
- After, gently push the white end into the same place to insert the new one
If you have any concerns or worries about maintenance, contact the team. They’re ready to help you now!